Carefree Blonde

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Post Valentines Day Love to Hate Workout

Yesterday was all about the lovey feels and it got me to thinking about my love for working out. I love that I just did something good for my body, I love the way working out makes me look, and I love that by working out your body releases endorphins literally making you happier. What's not to love right!?.......Well there are some workouts I do.... love to hate. These workouts to me are the ones that I don't necessarily look forward to doing, while doing them I think why am I doing this to myself, and then after am completely worn out. These are also the workouts I feel like I get the most bang for my buck so I notice bigger changes when I push myself and do these workouts.

I also got some input from some of the bikini competitors I train with on what their "love to hate" workouts are (all of ours were centered around lower body lol). The following workout is a combination of all of our love to hates that will make a killer leg day. Are you joining in!?

Side note I want to apologize because I was wanting to get some photos doing these workouts but I have  been sick so pictures didn't really happen. That being said, I've linked youtubes demonstrating each workout in case you need to see how it's done.

Do each pair of these workouts 15 reps each (if it's single leg 15 each leg so 30 total for lunges and step ups) After completing the pair rest 30 seconds then repeat 2-3 more times for a total of 3-4 sets then move on to the next pair of workouts.


Weighted Long Stride Lunges
Lying leg curls

Goblet Squats
Hip Thrusts on Sith Machine

Straight Leg Cable Kick Backs
Step Ups

Pop Squats
Monster walks

Description of workouts and video links:


Long Stride Lunges: Holding Dumbell weights at your side take as long of a step as you can to really activate your glutes

Lying Leg Curls: Video link Here

Goblet Squats: Video link Here

Hip Thrusts on Smith Machine: Video Link Here (Pinch glutes at the top, hold for two seconds, then lower back down)

Straight Leg Cable Kick Backs: Video Link Here Keep core tight so you don't arch your back when you kick back. Focus on using your glutes to lift your leg.

Step Ups: Video Link Here I prefer to hold dumbbells by my side. Do all 15 on one leg before switching to the other. Pinch glutes at the top.

Pop Squats: Video Link Here

Monster Walks: Put resistance band around your ankles, lower glutes to a sitting position (not a full squat), step as far as you can to the ride side. Do this for 15 steps to the right then 15 to the left.

Tip: You should be tired by the time you get to the 15th rep. If you feel like you can do more, go up in weight.

Contributions:


Make sure you check out my lovely teammates that helped contribute to this post!

@lauren_eaton_fit

@toshia_angel_fit

@hellachantella

@joana_ortega

If you're looking for a great coach to help you on your health and fitness journey check out my coach

@muscle_by_mones


 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment