Carefree Blonde

Monday, June 6, 2016

Pumped Up Protein Pancake Adjusted Recipe


Let me just start by saying I love food. If there's anything you should know about me this is pretty close to the top of the list. This was the most intimidating part for me when I decided to prep for my first NPC bikini competition.  I knew I would be able to work hard at the gym but I've never really had a set diet so this was scary for me. I love my carbs and I love my sweets! An ideal date night pre prep was Cheesecake Factory. Fresh bread, pasta, and then cheesecake for dessert. A carb lovers paradise!




Anyhooooo.......currently I'm on a low carb low sugar diet in this phase of prep. That being said I still like to feel like I'm having my yummy sugary carby meals when it's more of a "clean cheat". Breakfast I normally have four egg whites and either two pieces of ezekiel bread toasted, a Vans brand waffle (you can find in the freezer section), or two of these Pumped Up Protein Pancakes. The original recipe from Jamie Eason is great but after talking with my coach to better fit my dietary needs, I cut out all of the sugar and sweeteners. After posting a pic of them on Instagram I've had quite a few requests to post the recipe with my adjustments.




(Please note: the following recipe originally came from Jamie Eason. This is the just her original recipe with my adjustments)

Ingredients
3 cups oat flour
3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Quest Protein powder. I've tried other vanilla proteins for cooking and it's tasted disgusting. This is the one to use for sure!!)
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

2-1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk 
6 oz. Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

4 egg whites
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon

Directions
1. In a large bowl, mix oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix almond milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, and eggs. 3. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
4. Use a 1/4-cup measuring scoop to measure out each pancake and pour onto a preheated skillet.

5. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side. 

 Top with a little drizzle of sugar free syrup and you're golden. I think the reason I love this recipe so much is because it doesn't taste like a healthy fake. It really tastes like yummy fluffy pancakes. This batter makes about 14 pancakes so I froze the rest and just popped them in the toaster as I needed them....pure bliss.


Nutrition Facts:
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Recipe yields 14 servings 
Calories 81
Total Fat 1.5 g

Total Carbs 11 g Protein 6 g 



This is about how 90% of my cooking goes. Tyson loves to "help" haha



I really hope you like them as much as I did. If you're not worried about your sugar intake at all, I would just use her original recipe which you can find here. I would love to learn some of your favorite healthy recipes! Feel free to comment with them below or send me an email!


After pancakes, Tyson loves for daddy to run him up the stairs. His giggle and two teeth kill me! It's a lot harder to take Ty's monthly pictures now lol this boy does not like to stay still! His newest thing is to pounce. He'll just be sitting there and get super excited and just lunge forward into his crawl. I was so excited to catch him mid pounce! This boy has just been the funnest, biggest blessing in our lives. Love him so much!





 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment