Carefree Blonde

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Why I'm Training for an NPC Bikini Competition


About a year and a half ago Eric and I got the most exciting news ever! We were finally pregnant with our first baby!!! As soon as the word got out, the flood of compliments, advice, and everything in between came flooding in. One of the most common comments I would get would be "Well...I hope you enjoyed your body because it will never be the same!" or "Get ready! Nothing looks the same after." Even though these comments were said jokingly or more as a compliment to where I was before I got pregnant, I couldn't help but get depressed!.......and then I felt guilty that here I am at the beginning of one of the best adventures in my life, and I was so concerned about how I was going to look after. I couldn't help but think how selfish I was for having that concern. Throw on top of that the pregnancy hormones and poor Eric had to deal with an emotional rollercoaster lol! The more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that it wasn't selfish of me to want to look the same as I did before I got pregnant. Not just for me, but for Eric and my family. When I feel good about myself (not just physically) I'm happy.....happy wife happy life right? As soon as I decided it wouldn't be impossible for me to look how I did before pregnancy, I decided I wanted more. I want to look better than I did before I got pregnant. I want to show other women that might feel the same as I did, that you can do anything you set your mind to. Sure it's not easy and the days are crazy busy, but you make time for the things that are important to you. How important are you to yourself?

Left: pre pregnancy Right: 23 weeks pregnant


I knew that if I wanted to look better than I did before pregnancy that I would need some help or a deadline. Why not do a bikini competition? I'm not talking about a random beach bikini competition anyone could do. I want to do an NPC Bikini competition. I would have to be in the best shape of my life by a specific date. Done! I'm doing a bikini competition!!!! 




To be honest I was a little hesitant to announce that I'm prepping for a bikini show partly because I'm not there yet (and how much better would an extreme before and after post be), and partly because I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I would get from people. #1 Dumb...... I think it would mean more to be honest and post honest pictures of my progression than to just say ta-da after all the work is said and done. #2 Dumb........... The most important opinions in my life are Eric's and my family's. There's no point in worrying about other people and there opinions.


I did some homework and looked into a few coaches that could help me be the most efficient and effective with my training. I started with one guy and let me just say what a train wreck it was! We just weren't clicking and I didn't feel I was getting from him what I needed. After a month, I decided that wasn't going to work, so I switched to Muscle by Mones here in Atlanta and couldn't be happier with my progress. I've only been working with him and his team for about three weeks and have already noticed a HUGE change. I feel tighter, stronger, and more energized to get everything done. As of right now I'm on a low carb and sugar high protein diet and doing 30 min of fasting cardio 5 days a week weight training 6 days. It was hard to give up my sweets because I'm OBSESSED with sugar but after about a week of fighting my cravings they started to fade! Giving up chocolate is possible ladies! I know.......mind blown right!? To help Dymatize ISO-100 has a fudge brownie protein shake mix and Quest makes some unreal protein bars! So you can get your sweet fix and still stay on track with your goals!

The pics below shows three weeks ago when I started with Muscle by Mones and on the right as of yesterday morning. Small changes but changes.






In regards to having time for the gym it can be tough. I have a 9 month old that takes two naps a day and I have an hour worth of weight lifting plus 30 min of cardio (soon to be 45min) and then all the household stuff to make sure to get done. Dinner, laundry, cleaning, bills, groceries, blah. It's tough but what I'm doing is important to me. I wake up at 4:40 in the morning to get to the gym by 5 to do cardio, come home eat breakfast, get tyson up and going, start household responsibilities, and get back to the gym for weights around 11:40.  I do cardio super early not to say look how early I get up but because it's the only way I can fit it in to my day. You have to be organized and have your priorities straight to do what you need to do.

It's all worth it though. If it were easy everyone would do it. I'm excited to share my journey with you and hopefully inspire at least one person to take some time to better their health for themselves and for their family.

 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

2 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome! I think it is great that you are reaching this goal and I think it is silly that people make comments like the body ones about motherhood (I am fully convinced these are the same people who say things like "just wait until you get married). I hope you do a lot of posts on this!

    ReplyDelete