Carefree Blonde

Monday, February 15, 2016

Cocoa Cherry Protein Shake

Let me just start by saying what a sweet tooth I have. I mean it's bad. We can't have any sweets in the house or they are literally gone in the same day. I've always had the misconception that eating healthy means sacrificing taste. Lately I've really tried to branch out and find new recipes that aren't just healthy but also taste amazing! Lets be honest.....there really isn't anything better than the combination of chocolate and cherries (especially Blue Bell Ice Cream's Chocolate Covered Cherry Ice Cream) If you haven't tried it you need to go correct that.....now. When I was in high school, after  soccer practice I would come home and get a HUGE bowl of the Chocolate Covered Cherry Ice Cream and watch a movie. Now, with my current fitness goals, I unfortunately can't exactly be downing gallons of ice cream on a daily basis. You can then imagine how excited I was to find this Cocoa Cherry Protein Shake in an Oxygen magazine. I'm not joking when I say it tasted like I made a milk shake with my oh so favorite ice cream and it's super easy!






Cocoa Cherry Protein Shake


1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Frozen Dark Pitted Cherries
1/2 Tsp Almond Extract

Place all ingredients in a personal sized blender. Makes 1 serving.



Benefits:


Cherries- reduce inflammation and aids in cutting belly fat
Cocoa- helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
Chia Seeds- Packed with nutrients including protein, fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3s



Now instead of a bowl of ice cream, I look forward to curling up on the couch with my protein shake to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with baby Ty. I can't believe he's already six and a half months! Pregnancy inched by, but these first six months have been such a blur. Tyson LOVES going to the gym and seeing his friends. The other day he cried when I picked him up! I was talking to the girl and was like I promise we have fun and play when we go home! There are two little girls at the gym about 3 or 4 that get super excited whenever Tyson comes. When I dropped him off a couple days ago they grabbed each other's hands and danced around in a circle and said, "Tysons here Tysons here!" If that doesn't make a mama happy idk what would! He also has a friend Benjamin that is 10 months old and apparently they just smile really big when they see each other hahaha. Oh the social life of a six month old.


 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment