Carefree Blonde

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

So before my wonderful bundle of joy came into the world, when I thought of being a stay at home mom, I thought about alllll the extra time I would have to run our house finances, organize, create meal plans, decorate, craft, and become super mom. Current status...... I get super excited if I get to eat breakfast before 10am and get ready for the day before lunch lol. It's amazing how busy a newborn can keep you!

Lately, I've been keeping these Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls in the refrigerator and grabbing them as a quick breakfast before I feed Ty. Bonus for Breast Feeding moms, the rolled oats in these protein balls help with milk production! One of my best friends sent a version of this recipe to me for this reason. I've tweaked it a little to fit my needs and get a little extra protein in my diet. They are super easy and taste amazing!!







Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls


2 Cups Quaker Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp Milled Flaxseed
1 Scoop Chocoloate Protein Powder (I used Muscle Milk)
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter 
1/3 Cup Honey

Combine ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Spoon out mixture and roll into medium sized balls. Place balls on a large plate and keep in the refrigerator. This helps solidify the balls and keep them fresh longer.

Optional: Add shredded coconut flakes for a little extra sweetness!

Enjoy!

Makes roughly 16 balls with around 6g of protein per protein ball





Wether you need a quick on the go snack, or are looking for a healthy desert alternative these protein balls are a super easy and tasty way to add a little protein to your diet!

Our favorite baby just turned one month last week!!!! Our little Ty is getting so big so fast!!



 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment