Carefree Blonde

Thursday, February 13, 2014

DIY Easy Curtains!!

Being a first time home owner is so fun! It's been so cool to slowly see our house fill and transform into our home. I feel like curtains are the earrings to a house.  It's that little touch that makes the room complete and polished. I've never made curtains before, but I could not for the life of me find ones already made that I loved!!!  Anyways long story short, I finally found a fabric I loved and decided to just make my own. SUPER EASY!!



Curtains usually come in two heights 84' and 95'. I wanted to make the 95' so I could hang them higher to open up the room.

What you'll need:

6 yards of your favorite fabric
Curtain Hooks
Curtain Rings
Sewing machine


With 6 yards of fabric you should have about 216 inches total. I measured 100 inches for each panel and cut.

Fold and pin the long side of the fabric one inch on each side.




Sew a straight line down each side.



Fold and pin the ends up 3 inches on both sides. Sew a straight line.



Pick which side you want the top of your curtain to be and put the curtain hooks through the fabric. Make sure the hook doesn't go through the front side of the fabric. (Note: the more hooks you have, the more pleats your curtain will have. I put 10 per panel evenly spaced.)





Hook your curtains to the rings and love your new filled room!!







Before

After
I hope this inspires some of y'all to go out there and find some fabric on your own and just do. There's a certain pride that comes when you do something yourself!


 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love how it looks! Great job, Amanda. I love all of the pops of yellow :)

    ReplyDelete