Carefree Blonde

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Prevent Washing Your Hair Everyday and After the Gym!

 
It is so important to keep your hair healthy for it to grow and style the way you want it to! One of the ways we know is important, is to not wash our hair everyday. This drys your hair out so quickly by stripping your natural oils that your hair needs! Here are a couple of my problems with this;
 
#1 My hair is super fine, so it gets greasy really easily!
#2 I love to work out. When I get back from the gym I feel gross and want to wash my hair to get the nasty gym out!!


Solution For #1 Fine Hair
I love dry Shampoo. It has helped me so so much to not wash my hair everyday! I use the Suave brand that you can find at Target or Walmart. It's only $3.00!! There are a ton of different brands, some a lot more expensive than others. I like Suave though. It's cheap, it smells pretty good, and it works!!! (Tip: When using dry shampoo, hold can about 6 inches from head to not get white residue. Spray, and let it sit for a couple minutes before combing through and working it into your hair.)



Another way I prevent washing my hair every day is by the way I style it. The first day I'll do a blow out right after the shower (make sure you use a heat protectant!! I use one from Aussie that works great). It has all the volume I love and it sits just right. By day two my hair starts feeling a little greasy and weighed down. (Sometimes I'll put a little dry shampoo in my hair right before I go to sleep so it doesn't get too greasy overnight.) Day two I'll add dry shampoo and break out the curling iron. I like to put back the volume to my hair that fell out overnight!! (I prefer doing the loose beach wave curl.) If I make it to day three, I'll put my hair back in a head band (which looks great with the loosened curls from the day before) or I'll do the messsy bun. Try lasting as long as you can before washing your hair again. You'll notice a big difference in the shine and over all healthe in your hair!!


Solution For #2 Gym Hair
I know I'm not alone with this. I hate getting ready for the day, and then working out and feeling like I have to do the process all over again! (Disclaimer: For Solutions 1&2 still shower!! Just because you don't wash your hair doesn't mean your body doesn't need to be cleaned or your legs don't need to be shaved.....cuz they do.) The best solution I've found for "gym hair" is as follows; Instead of putting your hair up in a bun for the gym, it's best to wear it in a pony tail or loose braid to not get all the kinks and twists messy buns will put in your hair. After I get home, I'll take out my hair tie and plug in my blow dryer. Gross as it is, we all sweat. Luckily not as much as guys ;) but we do sweat sparkle. Flip your head upside down, and on your blow dryer's cool setting or low setting run your fingers through your hair and dry out your roots to get out all the nasty sweat. After its all dry flip your head back up and take your dry shampoo and while lifting your hair up in sections spray the roots and let it sit for a minute. Work the dry shampoo into your roots with your fingers until your hair doesn't look like you need to shower ;) you may need to add more dry shampoo and use the blow dryer again. Run a straightener or curling iron through your hair to style and you're good to go! If you're a little self concious that after the dry shampoo and style your hair might still smell like the gym, I sometimes like to spray just a little body spray or perfume  over the top of my head. Even though my body is clean from the shower I like to really make sure my hair doesn't still smell funky.



My hair gets really dry really easily, so it's especially important that I take care of my hair and don't do too much to it. I've noticed a huge huge difference even in the texture of my hair by doing the above tips/tricks so I don't have to wash my hair every single day. I've been trying to grow my hair out for a while, and it wasn't until I stopped washing it every day, using heated tools without a heat protectant, and doing coconut oil treatments to my hair ( Coconut Oil Hair Treatment Here) that I noticed a big difference! Try these tips out and let me know what you think!! If you have any hair advice I'd LOVE to hear it!! I hope everyone has a great Thursday. This week has flown by!!



 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

7 comments:

  1. you have a nice blog dear! mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I checked out your blog and love it! I'm now a follower ;)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good. I really want to try it because I've heard so many good things. Fantastic review, I love how your personality seems to comes across too! xx
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I've been MIA from my blog for a bit but it's nice to get back into it. It's always nice to get such positive feedback thanks so much for taking the time to make a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER THANK YOU SO MUCH ! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for these tips! I'm on my way to try the heat protectant from Aussie! :) I'm into my second month of working out 5 days a week and still looking for ways to either: find a style for working out that will prevent my hair from getting as dirty, or ways to keep myself from washing my hair as often. Thanks again for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah, Congrats on being so consistant with the gym!! I know sometimes it can be tough to motivate yourself especially if you think about having to wash your hair every time you get done! I hope these tips helped you out. Let me know if it works for you!

      Delete