Carefree Blonde

Monday, June 3, 2013

Atlanta Zoo Field Trip

Last week, Eric told me he had a surprise for me. At first he wasn't going to tell, but we ended up playing Hang Man via text to figure out what the surprise day date was. Haha I love that man!! After a few limbs were added to my hangman I finally figured out we were going to the ZOO!!!  I haven't been to the Zoo since I was in elementary school... and I was soooo excited!!! I'm kind of in love with monkeys for some reason. I just think they are super cute and playful. I love watching them play with eachother and run around. It's the cutest!!! I've also decided to add holding a baby panda bear to my bucket list. I mean look at them! How could you not want to hold one!? So far I've held a monkey, a lion cub, a Parot, and a snake once....I will NEVER NEVER do that again!! A panda is definately next!! ;)
 
We had a ton of fun looking at all of the animals together. We got there at a great time, and got to see a lot of stuff. We even got to see them feed the snakes!!! :/ I'm not sure that's something I ever want to see that again. We got there around one, ate lunch, and went on our own pretend safari. Hopefully one day we can go on a reall Safari. That's been something Eric has wanted to do for a very long time. It is so interesting and exciting to see animals that should be in the wild just feet from you behind glass. There's a part of me that feels so sad that they're enclosed, but at the same time I love to experience being so close to them!!......and not being extremely terrified for my life.
 
 


Have you ever seen Owls close up? They're actually kind of freaky looking! They have huge round black eyes that just stare right at you.


The cutest baby monkeys!!! I'm sad they were so high up because it was hard to see them, but they were the most adorable tiny monkeys I think I've ever seen!!


 




This panda was so funny. Just chillin eating his Bamboo he stopped for a little bit to look out at all of us, but then just went back to munchin down. haha I love how he was just sittin up like a person!





We saw the zoo keepers feed the snakes....OMG as if I didn't hate snakes enough watching them eat put a not in my stomache. It was the nastiest thing ever....I HATE snakes. I always get paranoid that one of them is going to get out of its cage somehow while I'm in the exhibit.


 
Ok. You can't really see it that well, but the gorilla in the top left is holding a new born gorilla!! It was so cute to see how the mom held it and carried it around with her!





For those curious about the outfit,
Top: H&M
Shorts: Nordstrom Rack (Similar Here)
Earrings: Nordstrom
Watch: Nordstrom
Michael Khors Purse: Nordstrom
 

I'm so grateful I have a husband that likes to take field trips to the zoo with me and eat cheese pizza. I had so much fun seeing all the animals so close! If you haven't been, I highly recommend going with the fam. Its a great family activity and is very educational!!
 
Today starts the last week of my current job. I just got hired by the company Eric works for to be an assistant!! It's going to be so great for us right now, and we get to work in the same building with eachother which will be awesome for gas savings!! Also.....best news ever.....my family is coming to stay with us in Georgia for a week from Texas!! I seriously talk to them about it every day, and have talked about it every day for the past month! I can't believe it's almost time for them to be here!
 
I hope everyone has a great Monday with lots things to look forward to throughout the week. I feel like having something to look forward to whether its a girls night, or a bachelorette episode makes the days/weeks fly by!

 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment