Carefree Blonde

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

So it's only been like 2+ weeks that I haven't done a post??.........That's so unlike me, but I loved the break! The past couple weeks have been great but just super super busy. Between both jobs, cleaning, cooking, gym, and researching a new venture that I will be getting in to shortly, I literally couldn't think of what to blog about! I know that sounds awful but seriously I just had so much going on in my head and so many random lists of to-dos, that I just could not think of anything to blog about. I take that back....I'm sure if I actually had a second to sit down and think about it and brainstorm, tons of great life changing topics would come to mind ;)

This past three day weekend was soooo needed and so much fun! To give you an idea of how needed this weekend was, when I got home from my second job on Friday Eric had just pulled in the drive way. We both walked in our living room and fell asleep for two hours!!! hahaha he was on the couch still in his suit and tie, and I for whatever reason decided our new rug in the living room was the best option. The most random nap ever, but we were both exhausted from the week. Saturday Eric and his dad went to pick up new night stands that we bought last week. While they were doing that, I... needing some TLC went to Atlanta to get my hair done. Later that night we went to dinner at Tin Lizzy's off of 10th in Atlanta. It's this cute trendy restaurant with live music and AMAZING chicken BBQ and Goat Cheese Quesadillas (that's what I had)....all the food there is great but I definately recommend trying that Quesadilla out! After dinner, we were planning on going to the Jazz festival but ended up shopping instead. Which of course I was happy to do!

Sunday we slept in, went to church, came home and made homemade pizza, and then went on a bike ride. Memorial day was busy! We woke up and went straight to the gym. From there we went to Eric's parents and then went on a hike up Kennesaw Mt. with Eric's mom. After, we went to the pool, ran some errands, washed our cars, had a yummy BBQ, and then ended the night with the season premier of the Bachelorette!! Woot woot!! So excited for this season! One of the guys (James) this season went to high school with Eric and his Sister Stacie. From the previews he looks like he might be the drama king but it's kinda cool to see someone you knew on TV!



















The kids LOVE Eric he was trying to help one of the little boys with a crush he had on a girl there. He had them all in the yard playing catch with a tennis ball.





I'm so grateful to the men and women who made our fun weekend possible. Without the sacrifices of our soldiers defending our country, we wouldn't be able to do many of the things we so often take for granted. It's so nice that we are able to have a day dedicated to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our rights. Whether you are for the war, against the war, Republican, Democrat, or completely anti anything government related there are soldiers that died for your freedom regardless of your stance. I hope everyone had an amazing weekend and was able to show their appreciation in some way!! Have a great Tuesday!


 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

1 comment: