Carefree Blonde

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Life Lately

The past couple weeks have flown by, and I can't believe May is already here!! Where in the world has this year gone?! Today is just a short little what we've been up to post and a little hint for the fellas on how to make a girl feel like a princess ;)
 
The other day at Eric's work, one of his trainers/mentors came up to him and started to ask if I was supportive with his job. Thankfully lol...Eric said that I was, and he was very grateful for it. His mentor then asked if he showed me his appreciation for supporting him with his career. (disclaimer: Eric always has done generous thoughtful things to show me he loves me....) He told his mentor that he probably should do something to let me know he loves me and is thankful. A little while later after the conversation, his mentor walked back by and slapped a $100 on his desk and told Eric to take me out on a date that night!!!! At first Eric obviously said he couldn't accept it, but his mentor stuck out his hand and said, just let me know how it goes tomorrow morning. Can you believe that!? Such a  random act of kindness that provided Eric and I with an AMAZING dinner and flowers and nail polish (for me). I'm so grateful that Eric works with men and women that are so family centered and religious. It's definately people like that who are concerned with other's well being that you want to surround yourself with. I can't wait for the point in our lives when Eric will be able to slap a $100 on a desk for a young guy who just started his career with Northwestern Mutual to treat his wife. Now fellas......Here's your hint....It's the small things that are most meaningful to your lover ;) buy her flowers randomly, make her dinner, send her a txt letting her know you love her, or plan a fun night for the two of you with take out and a game at home. We are suckers for that kind of stuff. We want to know you're thinking about us during the day....We're needy ;)



The nail polish Eric picked for me
Stacie came in town this past week with her two adorable kiddos, and we had a blast!! We went shopping for decorations, went on running, garage sale shopping, played with the kids, and went to our other sister-in-law's house for her daughter's 1st birthday!!! I love watching the little kid's hesitation right before they absolutely destroy their cake lol. Cutest thing ever!!!


Mandy with her birthday girl



My little nephew Beckham wanted in on the cupcake action too!





My family is coming to stay with us for a week in June. I can not wait I am so excited for them to spend time with us in the peach state. I'm pretty sure we're going to take them to an orchard to pick fruit and then downtown Atlanta for some amazing shopping!!
 
I hope everyone has a great Thursday! Keep an eye out for tomorrows Five Favorites!!




 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was nice for you guys to go on a $100 date! We had such a fun week with you guys. You should be proud of all your hard work ya'll have put into your house. It looks beautiful! I love that cupcake picture of my little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda,
    It's great to see you being appreciated.You're right,it's the little things that count.:)
    Ruth 2

    ReplyDelete