Carefree Blonde

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Best Greek Salad Recipe

Spring and Summer make me think of fresh..... Fresh linens, fresh fruits, fresh veggies. Mmmmm I love it. I also think of luncheons with friends with big glass pitchures of lemonade and lemon slices inside. Click here for an AMAZING Lavender Lemonade recipe I got from a friends blog! On the topic of luncheons I have a recipe for THE perfect Greek Salad. I kind of came up with it on my own, and everyone that has tried it has fallen in love. My mom always makes sure she has her fridge stocked up with ingredients.
 
What You'll Need:
 
1. Romaine Lettuce
2. Cherry Tomatoes
3. Feta Cheese
4. 1 jar Kalamata Olives
5. 1 jar Artichoke Hearts
6. Sliced Grilled Chicken (Optional)
7. 1 Lemon
8. Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
 
Combine all of the ingredients into a serving bowl (or your plate depending on how much you want to make) Lightly pour the Vinaigrette over your salad. Take the lemon and roll it on the counter using the palm of your hand. (this makes it easier to juice) Cut lemon and squeeze juice over your salad according to your taste. For added presentation, cut lemon slices or wedges and arrange on top of the salad.
 
Let me know what you think of this recipe! I love it and I always feel so good after eating it!.....(not like I do after eating a fat greasy burger :/ ) I'm so excited for BBQs and yummy greek salads this season!! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!



 photo 1_zps9f765ba9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment