Carefree Blonde

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Liebster Award!!


So I'm officially over the moon excited because the two lovelies Jennifer and Laura at The Glitter Life nominated me for my very first Liebster Award!!! Thanks ladies!

What is a Liebster Award you might ask?...
I know I was curious when I first saw that I was nominated...Well first I was just ecstatic that my blog got nominated for something, and then I wondered what it was nominated for lol ;)

In a nut shell this is an award for up and coming bloggers with 200 followers or less....I've also heard  its 3000 followers or less, so I'll be nominating a few bloggers that have less than 3,000.  If you receive this award the rules are as follows:

1. Answer 11 questions the nominator asks you
2. Nominate 11 bloggers
3. Write 11 questions for them to answer

Simple right? I think so, and it's such a great way to discover other unique trendy bloggers that otherwise you might not have known existed!

Here are my answers to their questions...

1. Who's writing inspires you most?
Blog wise lately I've been obsessed with organizing and DIY projects since my husband and I are getting our first home, so I'd have to say Iheart Organizing, and as far as books go.....I love Stephen R. Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (which I'm currently reading) Such a great book to inspire you to be better and view people differently.

2. What's your favorite sushi roll?
Yummmm...my mouth is watering thinking of it! I love the Las Vegas roll from Kona Grill. Fresh salmon, crab, cream cheese, tempura fried, with eel sauce. Their Wave roll is also amazing....I think I might grab some sushi tonight!!

3. Cupcakes or Cookies?
Cupcakes for sure!! There's something about the icing on top that is so girly and extremely yummy to me that cookies just can't hit ;) My absolute favorites have been from Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss) and The Cocoa Bean. (Side note: In college after the gym a couple girl friends and I would go grab one....totally cancelled out the good things we did at the gym haha but some great memories and treats!)

4. Breakfast at Tiffany's or Roman Holiday?
I'm in love with all things Audrey Hepburn, so I HAVE to say both.

5. Los Angeles in the 40's or New York in the 60's
Although I love the styles from both time eras, I think I'm going to have to go with Los Angeles in the 40's. I love the glamour and glitter of Old Hollywood.

6. What is your go-to nail polish shade?
Hands down Poppy Pink by Essie. It looks great on every skin tone (so I can get away with it on my pastier months of the year). It's a classy low key color that just makes you look pulled together...even on the days you might not feel that way ;) Another favorite of mine is by the Nicole line from O.P.I Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi. Such a classic red!!

7. If you could own one lipstick, what would it be?
With spring and summer coming up I really really want Snob by M.A.C. makeup. I'm a pink girl and this shade is flawless!

8. Your house is on FIRE and you can only grab one thing out of your closet. WHICH ONE?
At first I struggled with this one because I love all my clothes....but then I thought DUH Amanda your wedding dress?? I'd totally save my wedding dress. I'm the sentimental, chick flick, mushy type.

9. Kim, Kourtney, or Khloe?
I love Kourtney and Khloe together. They crack me up, but lately I feel like Kourtney is too serious, so Khloe for sure...Thank you Kim for getting them famous!....(love all three of their styles)

10. Cheese Plate or Dessert?
I'm a sweets girl...there are times I wish I weren't because then chocolate wouldn't be my undoing....buuut it is.

11. You can only order one cocktail for the rest of your life. WHAT IS IT?
Well I don't drink alchohol but if I could only have one drink the rest of my life........it would probably be Calypso's Rasberry Pink Lemonade. :)

Thanks again ladies for the nomination!~

My Nominees:
1. Mariah with Fashion by Mariah
2. Katie with Suburban Sparkle
3. Emily with The Sweetest Thing
4. Kati with Glitz and Gold
5. Shannon with GBO Fashion
6. Morgan with Morgan Made
7. Sarah with Living Goldie
8. Amber with Barefoot Blonde
9. Brielle with Plain Old Stories
10.Amanda with Advice from a Twenty Something
11.Jennifer and Laura with The Glitter Life (re-nominating ;) Love your blog!!)

Take some time and check out these girl's blogs! They are soooo cute and super inspiring!!

My Questions:
1. What was your first job?
2. If you could be any celebrity for a day who would it be and why?
3. What is your go to perfume scent?
4.What is your guilty pleasure?(ie chocolate, reality tv, etc.)
5. Who's your fashion Icon?
6. What is the next piece you are dying to add to your wardrobe?
7. Do you prefer going to classes at the gym or doing your own routine?
8. What is your favorite snack?
10. What is your idea of a perfect night out with the ladies?
11. What got you into blogging?

I hope everyone has a great day!!

XO Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Blushing! Thanks so much for the nod! And I have to agree, how do you put one Audrey Hepburn movie over the other!

    ReplyDelete