Carefree Blonde

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quick Results Part 1: Eating

We all know that there's no such thing as a get rich quick method and if something sounds too good to be true....it is. We also know that if there's something worth having, nine times out of ten it takes a lot of work. That being said think about working out and dieting.... You won't get fit and tone by never breaking a sweat, and although diet fads may work for a short time as soon as you get off, your body goes in shock mode and goes right back to where it was before and sometimes worse. It's all about self disipline, determination, and endurance.
Keeping all the above in mind I wanted to share some tips and tricks that I have personally tried and found helpful when trying to get tone quickly for something like I don't know Spring Break!!! Woot Woot!!! So first thing to know is that losing weight is 80percent what you eat and 20percent working out. Even if you don't want to lose weight and just want to get tone this is very important if you want to see results quick.

#1 What I eat
Don't get me wrong every once in a while a doughnut or Captain Crunch may be the only option :), but you really need to discipline yourself so that you can afford an occasional splurge. In the morning I will usually eat one egg (tip: instead of salt on your egg for flavor put just a little bit of salsa on top for a yummy healthier option) and a piece of toast with peanut butter on it. It's filling and has lots of protein!! If I'm in a hurry or am not as hungry, I'll grab a grapefruit and glass of water......I used to not like grapefruit that much but it's great for kicking off your metabolism in the morning! I know it's super bitter, but the thiamine in grapefruit really helps with the fat burning process. Not only that, but one cup of grapefruit juice is more than 100 percent of your daily vitamin C intake. I usually cut it into slices like an orange and eat it that way....NO SUGAR!!

 

The rest of the day I eat every couple hours (I'm big on snacking) around 10:00 I'll have a protein granola bar or an apple. Lunch I'll have a sandwich and salad or leftovers from the night before. A couple hours after lunch I'll have another small snack. Dinner we LOVE salmon and rice or quinoa, chicken and veggies, or stir-fry and rice. Whatever we make Eric and I try to limit breads or rolls (extra carbs).

(Tip: add citrus like lemon or herbs to your dishes instead of seasoning salts for a healthier option)

#2 Water
Drink water...lots of it!! Water has so many benefits, but in regards to food and watching what and how much you eat sometimes when you're thirsty it may get confused with being hungry. I'm HORRIBLE at drinking water!! I just get going with my day and don't even think about it! This is no bueno, so I came up with a goal for myself to drink 5 16 oz. bottles of water before the end of each work day. I keep track by making hash marks on my bottle after I drink each one. After work I've gotten into the habit for the day and I end up drinking one to two more before bed. I should probably be drinking more, but I'm a work in progress aren't we all?
(Tip: cold water hydrates you quickly but room temperature water makes you feel full)

Making hash marks on my water bottles helps me remember how many I've already drinken for the day. It's an easy way to keep me on track!!
 
#3 Sugar Cravings 
Ok....my biggest weakness has to be sweets and breads (especially steakhouse breads SOOOOO good!!!) I am an extreme lover of chocolate and candies YUM!! As tough as it is to not eat chocolate or  ice cream whenever I feel like it, I notice that I feel so much better and have so much energy when I don't give in to my cravings. Eating fruit has definitely helped curb those cravings, and if your looking to get results quick, you're going to want to make sure you find your own sugar alternatives!!...Oh and NO sodas. Not only are they loaded with sugar, but they make you bloated..which makes you feel/look bigger. Try substituting watered down juice to help stay away from sodas.

If you haven't guessed yet I am really big into moderation and not so much into set diets. Creating healthy eating habits will make it sooooo much easier to see results quickly!!

 
 
Keep your eye out for part 2 of Quick Results with toning and fitness tips for quick results!!

P.S.....for any of my bachelor loving friends out there. I loved hometown dates last night, and I'm rooting for Ashley to win. She's beautiful and I love her story!! Can't wait for the overnight dates!! Woot woot....such a dork I know ;)
 
I hope everyone has a great and productive Tuesday. I have some fun things coming up in the next few weeks that I'll talk about tomorrow!!!
 
XO Amanda 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Some interesting things about water since I am studying like crazy for this nutrition thing! The leaner you are, the more water you have in you because muscle tissue is nearly 3/4 water by weight. Fat is only 10% water. Water is essential for life bc it helps move nutrients and waste. The water recommendations: AI (adequate intake) for adults for water is 3.7 liters for men and 2.7 liters for women. And of course drink way more if you are in the sun and exercising. You should get less than 25 grams of sugar a day. That's crazy if you look at the sugar grams of everything bc there is a ton of sugar in everything. I looked at a small yogurt I was giving Beckham yesterday and it had 26 g for a small yogurt...so I am not buying that again for him. Anyways, this is way too long of a post so sorry! Love you!

    ReplyDelete