Carefree Blonde

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2nd Job and New House!

The past few days have been such a whirlwind! There are so many great things happening for Eric and I #1 I just got a second job at a chiropractor's clinic doing office management and front desk reception work!! It's super exciting and a little overwhelming because my day will go as follows......7:30 a.m. get to first job and work until 3:30 then leave and get to second job by 4:00 and work until 7:00 p.m. So not too shabby but a long day! This came at such a perfect time for Eric and I because #2 We are in the process of buying our first house!!!!! I'm so excited!! We put a bid on a home which they accepted, now we're having an inspector come out to make sure everything is working ok and no leaks or foundation problems. If all goes according to plan we'll have our house March 20 a month from today!
Our Future HOME!!!
There is a bit of work we need to do on the inside, but I'm not even worried about it because we'll be able to make it 100percent what we want. We're going to be tearing up all the carpet and wall paper inside and putting new carpet and paint throughout the home. The previous owners were smokers, so we are going to get rid or repaint everything we can to get the smell out....along with cleaning out all the air ducts and airing the crap out of the home!!! I'm excited to start putting up before and after photos on the blog with all of our DIY money saving projects we'll be doing for the home.
 
I've been reading up on lots of home decor and organizing blogs for inspiration. These are a couple of my favorites!! The Yellow Cape Cod , I Heart Organizing , & Blissful and Domestic (she has great money saving tips)
 
Pinterest has also been my big go to for paint colors and decorating ideas. Here are a few ideas from Pinterest that I'm wanting to incorporate into our home!!
 
Love the color and classiness of this entry

I love the dark banister against the white poles
 

Our kitchen has black granit counters and white cabinets, so I love the grey and dark accents
Half Bathroom Idea #1
Half Bathroom Idea #2


Half Bathroom Idea #3


So excited for our adventures with this home!
XO Amanda
 

2 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time for you both! Enjoy it all... I know you guys will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I hope you are hiring someone to paint because it is horrible...at least after painting our Provo House that is what we concluded :)

    ReplyDelete