Carefree Blonde

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stripes With a Pop of Color

I decided to start a second blog "Eric and Amanda's Excellent Adventure." I really wanted to have a blog primarily as a type of journal (disclaimer for those considering to read it). By doing this, I can print it off, and have a book with pictures and memories of how our lives have changed over the years. To view, click the page at the top "Family Blog".
 
This outfit was so much fun to me! You don't really see bold colors like this around this time of year....I love having an outfit that pops without being too crazy.
 
Take a classic blazer, add some stripes and it gives it a completely new spunky look! What's great about it being black and white, is that it can be worn so many different ways. Red, yellow, pink, etc lots of cute different options! I try to always keep this in mind when shopping. It's always fun to get  unique pieces, but I want to be able to wear them more than one time.
 
Another one of my favorite ways to wear this outfit is with a white pencil skirt, and black peep toe booties! It looks very put together, but still young and fresh. It's perfect for church. Modesty does not have to be boring! Just be a little creative with the styles and accessories, to find a cute look that flatters your figure, yet doesn't show off everything your mamma gave you!



Blazer: Forever21 (here)
Tank: Old Navy
Citizens of Humanity Skinnies: Nordstrom
Purse: Kate Spade store
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Snake Necklace: Charming Charlie
Swarovski and Chain Necklace: I made it (DIY)
Watch: Fossil



 
 
Date night with Eric and Barrett! Outback Steakhouse =YUMM!!!

XO Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment