Carefree Blonde

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Buh-Bye Dry!!

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!
 I think the thing that drives me crazy most during the winter season is how dry my skin and hair gets!! Idk if yall have the same problem, but it's never one or the other for me. When my skin is feeling dry you better believe my hair is freaking out too... except it gets staticky and in my face (serious pet peeve!) Luckily when these days come, I have found some amazing products and diy stuff that will tame the crackily skin and hair! WOOHOO!!

Face:

I swear by skin ceuticals. It's a little pricy but well worth the cost! You can find it on Amazon for cheaper!!

Meet the B5 Hydrating gel! I use this everyday after washing my face. I used to have super oily skin, and I found out it was because my skin would get really dry and then my body would over produce oil to compensate. This equalizes the pH in the skin helping it to stay hydrated. I usually use one drop, and it will cover my entire face. (it lasts a LONG time)

After the hydrating gel drys, I use this daily moisturizer. With both these products, a little goes a long way (so don't think you need a big glob on your finger to cover your whole face) I tend to target under my eyes and with the rest start in the center of my face and work out. Let dry then do make-up!

 
Body:
 
 
Ok I have a recipe below for seriously the best...Best body cream ever! In Texas my mom and I would give this to our hairdressers, and they LOVED it! I mean their hands are dealing with bleaches and soaps and water all day which will do a number on your hands....homemade lotion=problem solved.
 
 
What you'll need:
  • Gallon Size Ziploc Bag
  • Vasoline (Petrolium Jelly)
  • Coppertone Sunscreen (SPF 15 or 30 you choose)
  • Johnsons Baby Lotion (we like the shea butter or the cucumber melon one for scent)
    • Johnsons Baby lotion mixes the best with the sunsreen and Petrolium Jelly
    • You may opt for a scentless lotion and add your own essential oils for fragrance (Peppermint would be great for the holidays!!)
 
First put half of the jar of Petrolium Jelly in Ziploc. Close and mush around with your hands until smooth (you want it a little warm just from your hands working it around, so it will mix well with the rest of ingredients). Add entire bottle of sunscreen and baby lotion. Mix until thoroughly combined. Open bag, if adding essential oils like peppermint or lavender add desired amount, close, and mix in. Snip corner of ZipLoc (kind of like a pastry bag) and squeeze lotion into desired container.

Ikea has some cute little jars that you can get really cheap. You can keep one for yourself, and then wrap up the rest and give as inexpensive cute homemade gifts!

If you want to make less add 1/3 Petrolium Jelly and the half of the bottles of lotion and sunscreen.

Disclaimer: This is going to be really thick so you don't need  a ton.

Hair:

I have recently been converted to Coconut Oil! Click HERE for a great hair conditioning treatment I posted a couple weeks ago! I do this once every two weeks, and my hair has never felt more soft!!

On a daily basis however I use Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Serum. After I get out of the shower I'll  squeeze just a little in my hands and put it on my ends before combing through it. I've also heard the Moroccan Oil one works wonders but I haven't tried that yet.


Both products are carried at beauty salons



I hope the body cream recipe above makes sense if not I'll work on putting up a how to tutorial in the next couple weeks! If you have any questions feel free to comment below or email me @ carefreeblondeblog@gmail.com
Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment