Carefree Blonde

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Face Time


Let’s talk about the face. First thing that “most” people notice when you walk in the room….. More importantly I want to talk about skin health. Especially with the harsh dry winter air that’s coming. I don’t know about the rest of you, but throughout middle school and high school I was your typical pimple stereotyped teenager that loved the magic of make-up’s disappearing act. It took me a very long time to figure out what worked for my skin type. I’ve tried EVERYTHING from Pro-Active (hated it), Acutane, pills, creams, etc. Name it, and I’ve most likely tried it.



It wasn’t until I graduated from high school that I started to see what worked for me. To all you girls that are struggling with acne, have scarring from acne, or even just want healthy and glowing skin listen up! Go see an aesthetician. Not a dermatologist an aesthetician. They help so much!! Try treatments like microdermabrasions, chemical peels, pixel lazer, and 540 lazer.


  • ·       Microdermabrasion- basically is a suction tube like they use at the dentist. They put it on your skin, and while it’s sucking there are little crystals being blasted. It is a deep exfoliator, and is great to clear away black heads and clogged pores.
  • ·       Chemical Peels- it’s a chemical solution that is put on your face that can potentially make your skin peel a little. It refines lines and wrinkles, helps the appearance of scars, and helps clear acne.
  • ·       Pixel Lazer and 540 Lazer- I just had these done on my skin for the first time on Friday and I LOVE the results so far!! The 540 Lazer attacks red skin pigment that you get from sun damage or freckles and etc. This combined with the Pixel Lazer resurface your skin making your pores shrink, acne scars decrease, and provides a gorgeous glow on your skin…..I will throw this disclaimer out….it hurts!!! After I was done, my face was as red as a stop sign and I thought my skin was in flames. I took some STRONG Ibuprofen, a steroid shot in the booty ,and the next day was fine. This is more intense, but you do see results quicker!!



(All of these procedures help reduce pore size which lessens acne!)


You don’t have to have problems with acne or scarring to have these procedures done. In fact it’s actually just a healthy thing to do for your skin every once in a while. As we age, the collagen production in our skin goes down. The lack of collagen is why we start to get wrinkles. By doing any and all of these procedures, it helps increase your natural collagen in your skin. Therefore less wrinkles to worry about J

Products I Swear By:
  • ·       Skin Ceuticals Equalizing toner
  • ·       Skin Ceuticals B5 Hydrating Gel
  • ·       Skin Ceuticals  Retexturizing Activator
  • ·        Clean and Clear zit spot treatment
  • ·       Este Lauder Double wear makeup
  • ·       Jane Iredale powder foundation

(Do NOT use MAC foundations or Clinique. Try washing your face with hot water and scrub with a wash cloth instead of face wash soaps. They dry out your skin and make you produce excess oil to compensate……which makes you break out.)

DRINK TONS OF WATER!! I struggle with this part, but it really does make a difference in your skin, and helps flush out any toxins in the body

2 comments:

  1. Good info! I didn't know a lot of this stuff. Does your insurance pay for these procedures? I would like to do one of these one day but don't want to pay out of pocket for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish!! No they don't I've just always tried to find the best price, and then I'll go pretty rarely. My mom started doing some of these like the microderms and chemical peels in San Antonio. She said shes seen a huge difference! you should txt her and see who she uses b/c I know its cheaper in San Antonio than Boerne :)

    ReplyDelete