Carefree Blonde

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

White in FALL!?


Before I get into this week's fashion post, I NEED to brag about my stud for a husband Eric!!! This last weekend we went to the Ritz Carlton on Lake Oconee for an annual Northwestern Mutual meeting. For those who don't know, Northwestern Mutual is a very prestigious national company that deals with Life Insurance, Investments, etc. They are financial advisors in many different aspects. The interviewing process is very rigorous, and involves a lot of weeding out. Eric has been meeting with them for the past little bit, and long story short he got the job!!!!!!!! 

The managing partner invited Eric and I to come to this annual meeting so Eric could meet more people in the company, and get a better feel for what day to day work will be like. Between now and December he will be doing paperwork and taking tests to get ready for training in December. We're SO excited to get the ball rolling!!!

At the Ritz Carlton with my Eric!

Now........time to talk clothes!!! We all know that it is a CRIME to wear white after Labor Day, but I do   it anyways :D Amongst a sea of browns, blacks, mustards, and dark fall colors, why not stand out!?

Shirt: gifted Skirt: 
Express Shoes: 
DSW Bag: Dooney&Bourke(from my hubby)
 Necklace: Franchescas
Watch: Nordstrom

There are a few different ways to make white work for fall. They all involve accessorizing!!!!!! The deep warm red of the purse, the burnt orange and gold necklace, and the gold watch all really warm this outfit up! Now there may still be some unconvinced that white is ok for fall, but here is a more casual outfit that I wore to a company picnic. I used the same accessories to bring that warmth in, and also added brown boots to my dark skinnies. Scarves are always a great way to add a super cute touch! A mustard color scarf would go great with either of these outfits!
Shirt&Jeans: Nordstrom
Boots: Alley On Main Boutique
Accessories: same as above


At Stone Mt. for a company picnic. Look who my date was! He's a keeper for sure!!

In both outfits you’ll notice the three quarter length sleeves. When wearing white in fall I try to warm it up as much as possible. To me, wearing a short sleeve with white makes it look too summery. To each his own though!! Don’t be afraid to step out of the “norm” and try something new. Even if that involves a short sleeve or tank with white this fall ;)



"The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves."
— Yves Saint-Laurent

Love Y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment