Carefree Blonde

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall means apple cider and Halloween!!!!


Ok...so Autumn/Fall is by FAR my most favorite season ever invented!!...Summer sales you're HISTORY!!!!!! That in, and of itself makes fall the best ever,but there are so many other reasons to fall for fall ;) There is the cool brisk breeze that's perfect for a light blazer or cardigan, the changing of the leaves (So excited to see the leaves change in Georgia I've heard it's gorgeous!!), carmel apple cider from Starbucks, apple and pumkin pie, boot season!!!! (Eric will testify of my obsession with boots!!), family birthdays including mine!!, pumkin patches, corn field mazes, and HALLOWEEN!!!!


I have always LOVED Halloween. As a kid it was the most amazing night ever! I dressed like a witch every year,and was obsessed with face paint. I remember getting ready with my little brother chandler and then meeting up with our cousins to fill our home made trick-or-treat bags. I loved going up to the houses that were decked out with cobwebs,spooky music, and creepy lights!!! I can't wait for little trick-or-treaters to come knocking this year!!

I feel like Eric and I have been kinda all over this year, so let's do a little update ;) Eric graduated from UVU this last April in business management. We went to Nashville to do summer sales for Alterra Pest Control, and stayed there until the end of August. We are currently in Kennesaw Georgia. It's about 20 min from Atlanta. Eric's parents have been more than generous in letting us stay with them in their home so we can find jobs and get situated on our own. Eric has been going to lots and lots of interviews. I  recently found a job! I work for NeoCom Solutions. It's a company that builds and manages cell towers. Not going to lie, it was very hard to start a job so soon after the rigorous work during summer, but I am so grateful  found a job so quickly.

So going back to Fall. I have a recipe that is super easy, and is perfect for the cooler nights to come. It's called Taco Soup, but I think it tastes like a chile. Try it and love it!

Taco Soup

2 lbs ground beef
2 onions chopped
2 cans pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can stewed tomatos (15 oz.)
2 cans tomatos with chiles (15 oz. each)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch salad dressing mix

Brown ground beef. Mix chopped onions with beef in skillet until soft. Drain and rinse Pinto beans, kidney beans, corn, and combine in med to large pot. Drain excess oil from meat and add to pot. Add remaining ingredients and heat up.

(I got this recipe from my mother-in-law she halves the ground beef, onions, pinto beans, and ranch mix. It still makes plenty, and is AWESOME the day after as leftovers!)

FUN FALL TIP!? put taco soup/chile in a hollowed out small pumkin for a fun fall dinner. serve with cheese, sliced avacado, chips or corn bread, and sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment