Carefree Blonde

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Well ladies and gents, we did it!!! On Feb 25th 2012 Eric and I tied the knot!! I can't believe how quick it all happened!! The day was there and gone before I knew it. We got to the LDS temple in San Antonio at 10:00 a.m. and got married at 11.  It was so nice having all our close family and a friends there to share the special moment with us. I am so grateful that I got to be sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend <3 After we had the luncheon at THE BEST STEAK HOUSE EVER!!!! Eric's dad Kyle said a few words that were very sweet. The two families get along great I couldn't be more happy! The reception started at 7 at Scenic Springs Reception Hall. For anyone looking for a great place to hold a reception or party, Scenic Springs has an amazing staff and gorgeous layout. I highly highly recommend it!!! All the bridesmaids...Rachael, Mariah, Ashley, Chelsea, Stacie, and Hillary were soooooo helpful the set up was beautiful. We get our pictures from the photographer sometime this week and I can't wait to put them up so ya'll can see how amazing everything turned out. I just want to give a shout out to everyone that helped with our big day and for all the love and support everyone has given us.


For those that don't know our story, during the month of March, I had a distinct feeling I needed to go home for the summer. After putting in my two weeks notice at work, eric and I met briefly at a party in Provo UT. I heard that he and his sales team would be in San Antonio that summer, so I offered to show him around ;) I got to Texas in May and saw this hot, tan, muscular guy sitting a few rows in front of me at church. SO HOT! Then Eric sat down right next to him....hahaha just playing but I remember seeing Eric at church thinking how attractive he was in his suit and tie. I reintroduced myself, and started hanging out with him and his team. I ended up working on Eric's team during the summer and found out what an amazing man and hard worker he was. He had me sold. We started dating in July when Eric took the day off with me to go to Sea World and play tourist in downtown San Antonio. We saw the Alamo, went through the Ripley Believe it or Not Wax Museun (so creepy), and ate at my favorite steak house...(Salt Grass). August we drove back up to Utah for School, and the whole way home I couldn't help but wonder what would happen between us as soon as we got back to our everyday lives. Well.. we got home and saw each other almost everyday. He told me he loved me after a Halloween party in October and proposed to me Nov. 30th. I love every minute with my Eric. He is my best friend, my future kid's dad, a leader, hard worker, and my husband.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on starting your first blog!!! Loved reading it! You will love that you write this stuff down bc if not, you will forget a lot of it...or at least I do! Love you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks in ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like such a beautiful wedding Amanda!! I remember us in young women's together! Crazy to think that Im going to be next soon... So happy for you. Eric is a cutie! He is one lucky man:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amanda... I am so thrilled for the both of you. I am still sad I couldn't make it for your big day though. Congrats again anyway! (: I'll be an avid follower for your blog, I love blogs! I have one too... briannaowenfamily.blogspot.com you should stop on by! Love, Bree

    ReplyDelete